Design is a conversation. With fourteen years experience, I am ready for anything new that technology can cook up.
Adept in researching, identifying and designing user-centered experiences. Expertise includes:
- Persona Creation: Lead persona creation to optimize user journeys, develop site maps and construct wireframes enabling effortless navigation.
- Prototyping: Create prototypes that demonstrate usability and innovative functionality.
- New Technology: Able to visualize and manage the creation of cutting edge technologies such as chatbots, Alexa skills, and implementing SVG animations.
UX/Content Designer | precision effect | 2016-present
• Promoted to UX designer after seven months. Responsible for designing and planning digital products that drive engagement.
– Prototypes for pitches and new technologies
– Increased user engagement by as much as 5%
– Animated web elements
– Motion graphics
– New marketing avenues such as Amazon Alexa
– Advise strategic design decisions related to new functions and features
Founder | They’re Using Tools | 2005-2016
• Ran a multimedia studio that produced videos, animation, slide decks, and websites for digital and corporate presentations and Fortune 100 companies.
– Clients include: AARP, Amazon, (add)ventures, Choice Hotels/Econo Lodge, Continuum Innovation, Emily’s List, First Act Inc., Genius Rocket, Hasbro, Live Nation, Levick, RISD, Microsoft, United Health, and Worcester Polytechnic Institute.
Adjunct Professor | Rhode Island School of Design | 2013
• Illustration department, taught storyboarding techniques and standards for the Rhode Island School of Design’s undergrad program.
Continuing Eduction Instructor | RISD | 2005-2010
• Taught a variety of courses including:
– Video production
– Special effects/green screening
– Web design
(add)ventures • Interactive Design Manager | 2006-2009
• Designer and animator for motion graphics, Flash and After Effects projects.
• Clients include:
– Marriott hotels
• PVD Lady Project | 2013-present
– Video production and promotional services, including filming all the keynotes for their annual summit
• RI Film Collaborative Board Member | 2015-2017
– Secretary, produced Women in Film and Media conference and the 48 Hour Film Project for the city of Providence
• Americorps | 2004-2005
– Fulltime Americorps member for the RI College Crusade. Mentored and tutored 3-5th graders in reading and writing, while also creating stimulating after school programs.
Rhode Island School of Design, BFA 2004 (video and animation)
After Effects, Photoshop, Illustration, Sketch, Adobe Muse, Adobe Animate (formerly Flash), Cinema 4D, Blender, Dragon Stop Motion, and WordPress.
• Northeast PHP 2015 // Designing Micro Experiences
• Lady Project Summit 2014 // What Sort of Video is Right for Your Business?
• AmericanExpress.com / Should You Enter Contests To Boost Your Business’ Profile?
• Verizon.com / 5 Tips for Creating Meaningful Video for Your Startup
• TechCrunch / Peter LaMotte of Genius Rocket (mentioned 18:10)
• SmashingMagazine.com / Graphics Packages and Standard
• Noupe.com / 5 Free Animated Slide Shows
• Featured in Vector Graphics and Illustration: A Master Class in Digital Image-making (page 162)
• NFIB.com (National Federation of Independent Businesses / Why Small Business Owners Should Be Creating Videos
• PBN.com (Providence Business News) / Five Questions With: Melinda Rainsberger
• NBC Providences / 48 Hour Film Project Inspire Young Artist [VIDEO]
• VerticalResponse.com / The Zen of an Awesome Demo Video
BootStrappist.com / The Right Risks Can Make Your Startup Video Famous (unavailable)
• Outright.com / 3 Businesses That Started at the Kitchen Table (unavailable)